Author : coronaWP

The Giant Rock **UPDATE**

Update! Thanks to the response from the General Manager, John Reynolds, at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel and Jim Norris, General Manager at the Hampton Inn New York – LaGuardia Airport, the plaque will be changed. Through the efforts of CEEHPS along with current and former  Corona-East Elmhurst residents, the beloved…

Join Us for Our Fall Walking Tour

Six to Celebrate Tour- Corona-East Elmhurst October 21, 2017- 11:00 a.m. Join the Corona-East Elmhurst Historic Preservation Society (CEEHPS) and the Historic Districts Council (HDC) for another walking tour around this culturally and architecturally rich neighborhood. This tour includes lunch at a local restaurant after the tour. For more information…

CEEHPS Spring Walking Tour

In May 2017, CEEHPS conducted its first walking tour in conjunction with Historic Districts Council.  The tour took place in Corona Heights and was well attended.  Here are some photos from that walking tour.  

A GLIMPSE ~ CEEHPS LAUNCH RECEPTION OCTOBER 9, 2015

CEEHPS LAUNCH RECEPTION October 9, 2015, the Corona East Elmhurst Historic Preservation Society invited the community to the Langston Hughes Library and Cultural Center, 100-01 Northern Boulevard, Corona, to CEEHPS’ Launch Reception. Community leaders, residents, and elected officials were treated to “A Taste” of things to come.

Great News!

CEEHPS Founding Board Members, Linda Jacob and Fearonce La Lande on NY1 with Angi Gonzalez.  http://www.ny1.com/nyc/queens/week-in-review/2015/10/2/new-historial-society-forms-to-preserve-corona-east-elmhurst-history.html

Ditmars Boulevard
Ditmars Boulevard

Originally Ditmars Avenue, Ditmars Boulevard begins at the intersection with the East River in Astoria at the corner of Shore Boulevard just north of Astoria Park. It continues east until it reaches the western edge of LaGuardia Airport stopping  at the intersection of 81st and 82nd Street north of Bowery…

Still A Pentecostal Church

 ,                   In 1939, the church on 98th Street and 23rd Avenue in East Elmhurst was once The Italian Pentecostal Church. The original parent Church (rooted in the Italian Pentecostal Movement) was started in Chicago, IL in 1907, as part of the…